By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
The primary mission of the Horticultural Science unit is scientific discovery and dissemination of knowledge to students and the horticulture industry so as to improve the quality, availability and sustainable utilization of horticultural products.
The Unit strives for excellence in scientific research, teaching and extension services related to floriculture, fruit production, olericulture, biotechnology, controlled environment agriculture and landscaping. The degree programme prepares students for challenging positions in the horticulture industry, as researchers, consultants, educators and extensionists.
AG 101 Introduction to Agricultural Economics
AG 102 Introduction to Sociology and Ethics in Agriculture
AG 103 Introduction to Statistics for Agriculture
AG 104 Introduction to Agricultural Education and Extension
CS 101 Introduction to Computer Science
AG 106 Introduction to Animal Science
AG 109 Principles of Genetics
AG 112 Agricultural Biochemistry I
AG 113 Agricultural Biochemistry ll
ES 103 Introduction to Plant Science
AGH112 Introduction to Microbiology
AGP101 Practical Agricultural Management I
AGP 102 Practical Agricultural Management II
ES 102 Introductory Soil Science
HS 101 HIV/AIDS Education
PC 108 Citizenship Education and Conflict Transformation
PC 103 Communication Skills
AG 201 Principles of Agricultural Marketing
AG 202 Principles of Organic Farming
AG 203 Farm Business Management I
AG 210 Project Appraisal
AG 207 Principles of Animal Production
AG 211 Biometry
AGA201 Principles of Pasture and Rangeland Management
AGA206 Principles of Animal Breeding and Genetics
AGA203 Animal Health
AGA 207 Animal Physiology I
AGE 207 Agricultural Extension
ESW 408 Range Animal Nutrition
AGA209 Nutritional Biochemistry
AGA 201 Animal Biotechnology
ES209 GIS and Remote Sensing
AG 301: Research Project
AGP 301 Attachment
AG 403 Agricultural Marketing
AGA401 Beef and Small Ruminant Production
AGA 402 Dairy Production
AGA405 Monogastric Production
AGA408 Animal Physiology II
AGA404 Animal Products
AGA 407 Livestock Improvement
AGE 403 Animal Nutrition
AGE 408 Range and Animal Production
ESW 401 Wildlife Ecology and Management
ES 404 Agroforestry
All applicants have to meet the following minimum requirements for admission prescribed under the general regulations (i.e.):
– Have obtained at least five Ordinary Level subject passes including English Language and Mathematics passed with a grade C or better
– Passes at Advanced Level in at least two subjects as follows:
– Category 1: Any two of the following, Biology, Agriculture, Chemistry, Physics and Food Science.
– Category 2: Either Mathematics or Geography in addition to anyone subject in Category 1.
How to Apply
– Application forms may be downloaded by clicking here or obtained from the University, Admissions Office.
– Payment of application fees can be done at the University Cash Office or through any CBZ Bank – A/c No: 662-60902130074, Bindura Branch
– Complete the application form in full and indicate on top of the application form the intake you prefer (March or August) and the mode of study (Block or Full Time).
– Post or hand-deliver your completed application form to; Assistant Registrar – Admissions, Registration & Student Records, Bindura University of Science Education Bag 1020 Bindura.
– Attach certified copies of educational qualifications, I.D, Birth Certificate and proof of payment of the requisite application fees. Applications without these documents will not be processed.
– Successful candidates will be notified through their contact numbers and national press.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Zimbabwean Students: $3,500
Tuiton Fee for Zimbawean Students= 3500 ZWD
Tuition Fee for International Students= 1,809,500 ZWD