By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$4,019 /year|
|Applications Begin:||March 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)|
|Start Date:||February 2022|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||30 June 2021|
This programme is aimed at assisting students to obtain the professional qualification of an Actuary. Successful students can obtain a maximum of 8 exemptions from the examinations of the Actuarial Society of South Africa (ASSA) during the undergraduate programme based on satisfactory performance in university modules equivalent to ASSA subjects.
Actuarial Science 112(8), 142(16)
Business Management 113(12), 142(6)
Economics 114(12), 144(12)
Financial Accounting 188(24)
Computer Science 113(16)
Mathematics 114(16), 144(16)
Probability Theory and Statistics 144(16)
Actuarial Science 211(18), 241(22)
Financial Risk Management 212(8)
Mathematical Statistics 214(16), 245(8), 246(8)
Mathematics 214(16), 244(16)
Actuarial Science 311(24), 341(24), 371(32)
Mathematical Statistics 312(16), 316(16), 344(16), 364(16)
– Overall National Senior Certificate average of at least 80%, excluding Life Orientation
– Mathematics 80%
– One of the following:
– Afrikaans Home Language 60% or
– English Home Language 60% or
– Afrikaans First Additional Language 75% or
– English First Additional Language 75%
All the undergraduate programmes in the Faculty have the same application procedure and closing date, unless otherwise specified (see the relevant programme entries for more information):
– Apply electronically at www.maties.com in the year before your intended studies. Applications open in March. Please note that for the Diploma in Sustainable Development, you must also complete a departmental application form.
– All applications close on 30 June, except for the Diploma and the Advanced Diploma in Public Accountability, which close 15 December.
– The closing dates mean that your application must be finalised and all documentation handed in by these dates. No applications that reach the University after the closing date will be accepted. In the case of the Diploma and the Advanced Diploma in Public Accountability, however, you may contact the programme coordinator to find out about late application.
International Students do not pay application fees.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for South African Students: $4,019
*South African students pay R66648 per year as tuition fees.
*Students from the Southern African Development Community (SADC) member countries, as well as Rwanda and Namibia, pay R60000 without an international tuition fee
The SADC member countries are Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
*Students from Africa (Non-SADC) pay R60000 plus international tuition fees of R23940
*Students from the rest of the World (outside of Africa) pay R60000 plus international tuition fees of R50700
MINIMUM COMPULSORY INITIAL FEE PAYABLE BEFORE REGISTRATION (SADC) – R60000
MINIMUM COMPULSORY INITIAL FEE PAYABLE BEFORE REGISTRATION (Africa) – R83940
MINIMUM COMPULSORY INITIAL FEE PAYABLE BEFORE REGISTRATION (Rest of the World) – R110700